My blog has moved.

Without javascript, redirect goes to
main Acid Test page in 15 seconds.

Links to previous posts are
in the right sidebar.)

New site is http://www.molvray.com/acid-test/.
Please update your bookmarks.
I don't want to lose you!

"What is the difference between a realist and a dreamer? The realist thinks that someday a UFO will come down and hover over the UN building, and that the aliens will come out of the UFO and offer to share their technology and solve all our world's problems.

The dreamer thinks maybe we can get our act together and do it ourselves."

Russian joke [It's a joke?] cited in William K. Hartmann, A Traveler's Guide to Mars.

07 October 2006

Windows Vista: Kill Switch or Linux Switch

Please see my current blog (at molvray.com/acid-test) for this post. It's filed under the same name and date in the Archives.

The material here is being stolen by a cheesy marketer as filler for a linkfarm.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the error in my article (It's amazing what can get by you at 3:30 AM!). Also, thanks for the link back to my blog. I'll definitely return the favour.

Tim (aka Tephlon)

10/09/2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger quixote said...

Tim, I wouldn't call it an error. It's right if you're just following the defaults and installing a single-boot system, which is what your instructions describe.

Right now, as if just to prove what I said in my post, I'm struggling with my home network. Somehow, I blew up my Windows network settings. I thought I put them all back, but it refuses to let me at my "Home" network, and it refuses to let ssh at port 22. Aargh. As far as I can tell, my firewall is set up to let that through, but part of this nonsense is that my "Security" option in Control Panel seems to have disappeared, and that's where the overall Windows Firewall settings are. I am baffled. And frustrated.

10/09/2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger jen said...

hey quixote, thanks for your comments at donkey o.d. my blog gets better when you've visited.

10/09/2006 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home